Monday, January 12, 2009

JANUARY 2nd 2009!!!!!

Ah, January 2nd 2009!
The beginning of a new year.
The new year has always been like an erase board on my heart. A forgiving and second-chance-giving ability to start a-new. I've always felt refreshed. This year has proved to me unlike any other.. that this is true. I start with January 2nd this year, because in the early hours of that morning I finished 'my cancer year'. My portacath was removed from my chest. =)
I even type that now and smile.
It's all over.
Ah, relief. It burned deeper and more than the relief that came from the ct scan two weeks prior. The manifestation of all of my faith and prayers- and my family and friend's faith and prayers. Oh, my strong and loyal spirit- never let me down. -Thank you.
I do not know when cancer left my body. I just know that the same spirit that faught the beast is with me now- and knows that it will never be able to return. Don't get me wrong, I have my fears. My nightmares of hearing those decided diagnosis' of numerous doctors and radiologists. Those tests, and smells of plastics and iodine. That feeling directly after purposely poisoning my beautiful bod with hundreds of seconds of burning liquid that raped a year from my youth. Stole my hair and borrowed my self esteem- for that short time. I then, with only knowing the date of this last procedure- can only measure my remission from this date.
January 2, 2009 - The end of my cancer year.
(smiles)
-Megan-

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That was eloquent~~GOD BLESS YOU MEG...LOVE...MOMMAxxxxxxxxxxxxooooooo

Anonymous said...

Megan, that was the best. I was so happy to meet you in November. You are a beautiful woman and deserve the best life can give you. Stay strong. your moms cousin. Elaine

grammipammy said...

Megan,
I am so glad it's over. You are so strong, and amazing and confident .You inspire me to believe more in myself and my self worth Thank you...
Your words don't surprize me, you are the daughter of a wonderful women and a great life time friend.I love you and wish only for good health and of course much love and happiness.
Love,
Pam in Cali

grammipammy said...

Megan,
I am so glad it's over. You are so strong, and amazing and confident .You inspire me to believe more in myself and my self worth Thank you...
Your words don't surprize me, you are the daughter of a wonderful women and a great life time friend.I love you and wish only for good health and of course much love and happiness.
Love,
Pam in Cali