Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Elect she on!!



Well last night we elected our new president Barack Obama.
I have my doubts, not only for Obama- but I had them for John McCain as well. No matter who got elected I know that the next couple of years are going to require alot of endurance and talent from whomever made it. I will admidt- I did not vote for Obama... But I am happy that he won.
Last night I was sitting watching as the polls closed and channeling back and forth watching and waiting for the results. I knew deep down that Barack had won - But as soon as he did I felt.. 'changed' I had witnessed a moment in history. I had experienced a story that will forever be told to my children and their children. The election that lifted spirits- and for the first time ever, a black man had become president- and had awoken every sleeping soul politically. The whole world was watching our election- and celebrating the results- and just that feeling of unity for that brief moment while everyone was celebrating was intense.
Talking about politics- I was denied social security benefits. This is something I will get more into on another post, I want to dedicate this post to the election day yesterday. But- I was upset from being denied after being out of work for a year- and sick and everything I've gone through I just couldn't believe these things could happen. I wrote a letter to my congressman, the honorable Peter King. This letter was sent out via email about a week or so ago. Very recent. Yesterday, on election day, a representative for Mr. King called me about my letter. The letter was just about my situation, my cancer, and social security- and the representative told me that if I wanted to appeal the decision that he would write a letter to hopefully expedite the case- so I wouldn't have to continue to wait for some assistance. SO in honor of that courtesy- I just wanted to say: Thank you Mr King. I will be taking you up on that offer.
<3 style="COLOR: rgb(0,0,153)">

No comments: